Tera Term is an open source free software terminal emulator (communication program) for MS-Windows. It emulates different types of terminals, from VT100 to VT382; it supports telnet, SSH 1 & 2 and serial port connections. It also has a built in Macro scripting language and a few other useful plugins.
Archive for the ‘Terminal Emulator’ Category
Poderosa is a tabbed terminal emulator for Windows.
- Tabbed style GUI
- It is convenient to open multiple connections at the same time. Moreover, you can split the window into panes and allocate each connection.
- Many different ways to connect.
- In addition to Telnet and SSH1/2, local cygwin shell and serial ports are supported.
- Fulfilling options and tools
- A lot of terminal functions are available. Examples are: SSH2 port forwarding, SSH Key generation wizard, and SOCKS connections.
- Plugin architecture
- You can extend the feature of Poderosa by plug-ins, like Eclipse does. Connections via serial ports and X/ZModem-support are provided as additional plug-ins. A manual for plug-in developers is included the installation package.
PuTTY Connection Manager is a free PuTTY Client Add-on for Windows platforms which goal is to provide a solution for managing multiple PuTTY instances. This is one of the most important missing feature of PuTTY
- Tabs and dockable windows for PuTTY instances.
- Fully compatible with PuTTY configuration (using registry).
- Easily customizable to optimize workspace (fullscreen, minimze to tray, add/remove toolbar, etc…).
- Automatic login feature regardless to protocol restrictions (user keyboard simulation).
- Post-login commands (execute any shell command when logged).
- Connection Manager : Manage a large number of connections with specific configuration (auto-login, specific PuTTY Session, post-command, etc…).
- Quick connect toolbar to quickly launch a PuTTY connection.
- Import/Export whole connections informations to XML format (generate your configuration automatically from another tool and import it, or export your configuration for backup purpose).
- Encrypted configuration database option available to store connections informations safely (external library supporting AES algorithm used with key sizes of 128, 192 and 256 bits, please refer for the legal status of encryption software in your country).
- Standalone executable, no setup required.
- Localizable : English (default) and French available (only when using setup version, standalone is english only).
- Completely free for non-commercial and personal use : PuTTY Connection Manager is freeware.
Download : http://puttycm.free.fr/